Peg’s Creek Primary School – Be Aware, Be Involved, Be your Best
Peg’s Creek Primary School opened in 1978. Peg’s Creek Primary School is an Independent Public School, centrally located in the City of Karratha 1600km North West of Perth. The school is part of the Pilbara Education Region and is one of five public primary schools and one Catholic primary school in the Karratha area. The Peg’s Creek Primary School community is diverse as a result of local industry and the strong connection with local people. The school population has 34% Indigenous enrolment which enhances the cultural awareness within the school.
Peg’s Creek caters for students in Kindergarten to Year 6 and presents attractively in a natural setting, complimented with gum trees, gardens and grassed areas. Adjoining the school is the well-kept Peg’s Creek Oval which is a joint facility enjoyed by the school and community. All classrooms, learning areas, administration and library are networked providing on-line facilities. Each classroom is complimented with computer workstations and electronic whiteboards. Our school also has excellent specialist Art and Digital Technology facilities.
Peg’s Creek Primary School’s three main focus areas:
- Flourishing Individuals
- At Pegs Creek Primary School, we create a culture for everyone, every day, to aspire to be their personal best, to turn up, to achieve success in their health, wellbeing and academic endeavours.
- Curious Life-Long Learners
- At Pegs Creek Primary School, we want to ignite everyone’s curiosity, and inspire actions to actively contribute, so we have a more knowledgeable, peaceful and sustainable community that students can believe in, creating a pathways for their future.
- Connected Community
- At Pegs Creek Primary School, we want to lead and connect our inclusive community to support our student’s engagement to be the best they can be.
The school’s learning programs reflect the diversity of cultures, needs, and abilities of the children of Peg’s Creek. Specialist teacher support is provided for students in Art, Digital Technology, Indonesian (LOTE Language) and Health & Physical Education. Whole school planning in Literacy, Numeracy and Social Emotional Learning focuses on explicit teaching using the Australian Curriculum.
The school continues to strive for improvement through specific curriculum targets that are supported by evidence- based teaching practices. Through quality teaching, Peg’s Creek Primary School provides a range of opportunities, both in and out of the classroom, for students to have success at school. Our school is very proud of the strong positive relationships between students, staff and parents. This is indicated by the involvement of the community in supporting school programs and enhancing the school environment. As our school moves forward, Peg’s Creek Primary School will continue to maintain high expectations and encourage students to ‘be aware, be involved and be their best’ through quality teaching and positive partnerships with the community.
The staff and students are also supported and extended by the school’s involvement in the following programs:
- Pilbara E Learning Project
- Literacy Numeracy Partnership
- National Quality Standards
- National School Chaplaincy Program
- You Can Do It- social emotional program
Student leadership is developed through our Prefects, Faction Leaders, our Burrup Bouncer skipping team and lunchtime clubs.