When can my child start school?

To find out when your child can start school please visit to the Department Of Education website.

Enrolling your child

Families living in Peg’s Creek Primary School’s catchment area are entitled to enrol their children at this school. When enrolling you will need:

  • a copy of the child’s FULL birth certificate
  • proof of your residential address
  • immunisation records

From the 1st of January 2019 new immunisation regulations under the Public Health Act 2016 (WA) will take effect which aim to increase immunisation coverage of children in Western Australia. This regulation states that if your child’s immunisations are not up to date they will be excluded from school if there is an outbreak of a preventable notifiable infectious disease.

On enrolment you are require to provide the school with an Australian Immunisation Record (AIR) that has been generated within the past two months.

You are able to access your child’s AIR by the following:

  • MyGov, by logging in to your Medicare online account
  • Medicare Express Plus App, by logging in to the Medicare account
  • Visiting a Centrelink Office
  • Calling the AIR General Enquiries line on 1800 653 809 for your statement to be posted if you don’t hold a Medicare Card.

You are automatically sent and AIR immunisation History Statement when your child turns 18 months of age and again at 5 years of age, or after your child has completed the 4 year old vaccination schedule, whichever comes first.

Translating and interpreting services are available by calling 131 450.

Vaccination is not compulsory and you will continue to have the choice whether or not to vaccinate your child.  If you have decided not to vaccinate your child, you still need to provide your AIR Immunisation History Statement on enrolment.

More information about the new requirements is available by contacting:


Children born outside Australia will also need to provide passport/VISA details or Australian Citizenship Certificate).

Enrolment forms are legal documents, which are completed when a child is enrolled.

Enrolments for Kindy and Pre Primary 2020 are now open. Please see below for enrolment forms.


Enrolment Policy 2013

Application for Enrolment

Kindy Enrolment 2020

Pre Primary Enrolment 2020